Kayaking isn’t the cheapest recreational sport in the world. Kayaks themselves are pretty expensive but when you then have to couple that with all the accessories as well it can really start to add up. But, thankfully, there are some really good cheap kayak paddles that won’t break the bank.
In this post, we’re going to look at some of our favorite options for the best cheap kayak paddle in 2023 and review why they could be good for your next purchase if you’re on a budget.
Best Cheap Paddle For Kayaking
Best Rated Inexpensive Kayak Paddle Reviews
Let’s get down to which paddles we rate and why in our affordable kayak paddle reviews.
#1. OCEANBROAD Kayak Paddle
- DURABLE AND AFFORDABLE: This kayak paddle is with high-quality aluminum alloy shaft (1.1mm shell thickness) and fiberglass...
- USERES FRIENDLY: The oar shaft is designed with a shrinking PE tube cover. It provides better grip for your hands to prevent...
- POPULAR LENGTH AT 230CM: Not too short, not too long, the oar is 230cm (90.5 inches) at length. It’s an ideal kayak paddle with...
Up first, is the Oceanbroad Kayak paddle which even made it into our list of best kayak paddles. It’s an aluminum alloy paddle which means it’s really lightweight, plus, on either end it has blades made from fiberglass to ensure strength and good performance. Available in five colors, it’s an ideal kayak paddle for a first timer just getting into the sport.
Length wise, it only comes in one option of 90.5″ (230cm) which is pretty standard for paddles and will suit most people. It also comes apart into two seperate pieces which is good for transportation and storage.
We love the feel of it when you’re gripping it and shaft is designed with a shrinking PE tube cover which means that it’s a lot easier to grip and you’ll get less blisters. It has drip rings on either end to prevent the water droplets traveling up from the blades and it comes with a paddle leash to ensure you don’t lose it over board.
Overall, it’s a fantastic kayak paddle for those on a budget that’ll serve you well and gets great reviews.
#2. SeaSense X-TREME 1
In at number two we have the SeaSense X-Treme 1 which is definitely an option for the best budget kayak paddle. It’s a cheap and cheerful paddle that’s an ideal choice for those looking for an entry level option.
Generally, the more expensive kayak paddles are lighter and are therefore a lot easier to paddle with. This paddle from SeaSense is relatively heavy so it is a bit harder to paddle with, especially over long distances. But, that being said, it has soft foam grips that are adjustable and pretty comfortable. It also has drip rings to prevent the water running down the shaft which is another good feature.
While it won’t win any awards for its performance considering the price tag, we think it is extremely good value for money and a good choice for those looking for a cheap kayak paddle.
#3. Leader Accessories Kayak Paddle
- 3 materials Shaft:aluminum shaft & carbon shaft & fiberglass shaft. 2-Pieces construction paddles are easier to store and more...
- The paddles consist of aluminum shaft & fiberglass shaft with PP blades, carbon shaft with PC blades. the blade length* width:...
- Enforced push-button connection. Three locking positions, the blades also allow for being adjusted to three angles respectively.
Up next in our list of the best inexpensive kayak paddles we have this one from from Leader Accessories. It’s a durable paddle that has a shaft made from aluminum, carbon and fiberglass to ensure it’s strong but also lightweight. It splits into two convenient to transport pieces for easy storage when not in use.
It’s an adjustable paddle too which means you can adjust the blades in three different angles to suit your preference. With built in drop rings to prevent water getting into the kayak, the shaft also comes in five different sizes to suit paddlers of different heights as well as seven different colors so you can be sure to find one to your taste.
So if you’re looking for kayak paddle that won’t put a dent in your wallet check out this kayak paddle from Leader Accessories by clicking the link below.
#4. ADVANCED ELEMENTS Ultralite Pack Kayak Paddle
- The flat, symmetrical blade is made of polypropylene while the shaft is made of aluminum alloy
- Incredibly Portable - The Ultralite Pack paddle has two Shaft pieces and two blade pieces and breaks down easily in order to make...
- Dimensions - 224 cm 88" assembled length, 60 cm 23.6" broken down
Another option for those looking for the best affordable kayak paddle is the Ultralite Pack Kayak paddle from Advanced Elements. Weighing in at only 23. 6 ounces, it’s surprising lightweight for a kayak paddle that costs this much. It’s a great option for those looking to go backpacking as it packs down (as the name suggests) very compactly, splitting into four separate pieces. It means it’s also one that you can take on an airplane!
You’ll be hard stretch to find a cheaper kayak paddle that weighs any less than this one so we highly recommend it if you don’t want a heavy paddle.
#5. AIRHEAD Kayak Paddle
- 7-foot, 2-section kayak paddle with curved blades
- Breaks into 2 pieces for easy storage and transport
- Adjustable blade angle for standard and offset paddling
And lastly, we have another affordable kayak paddle from water sports brand AIRHEAD. It’s a 7 foot, 2 piece kayak paddle that features nice red curved blades at either end. The curved nature of the blades means that you’ll paddle more efficiently and use less energy, plus, they’re also adjustable so you can change the angle depending on your preference.
The shaft is made from lightweight aluminum and comes with drip rings to prevent excess water from going up your arms and into your kayak and has comfortable foam grips so it’s fairly comfortable to hold.