Looking to get out on the water and do a spot of fishing? Kayaking makes a great way to catch. In this post, we’ve put together a list of what we think are the five best fishing kayaks in 2020. We hope it helps!
Fishing Kayak Reviews
Lifetime Tamarack Angler Kayak
- Constructed of UV-Protected High-Density Polyethylene. Stable Flat Bottom. Deep Hull Tracking Channels. Stability Chine Rails
- Multiple Footrest Positions for Different Size Riders. Adjustable Padded Seat Back and Seat Pad for Comfort. Front and Rear Shock Cord Straps
- Two Flush Mounted Fishing Rod Holders. One Top Mount Fishing Rod Holder
- Two 6" Storage Compartments in Rear and Center. One Paddle Keeper with Shock Cords. Front and Rear T-Handles for Easy Transport
- Durable High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Construction. 5-Year Limited
The Lifetime Tamarack Angler Kayak is a wonderful choice for any fisherman. It’s a versatile and sturdy kayak that has several features that are ideal for kayakers looking to fish.
It’s incredibly well balanced and even beginners find this kayak easy to use due to its wide flat bottom hull which makes it very stable. The adjustable padded seat is comfortable too making it a good option for long fishing excursions.
Advanced Elements Straitedge Angler Kayak
- Inflatable kayak; designed for anglers; features multi-layer material and patented aluminum rib frame
- Abrasion pads offer maximum durability; wide beam increases kayak's stability
- High-back seat with two rod holders and inflatable lumbar support; removable mounting rail
- Measures 9 feet 8 inches by 35 inches; weighs 41 pounds; has 300 pound weight capacity
- Covered by one-year manufacturer warranty
Although the Advanced Elements Straitedge Angler Kayak is an inflatable kayak, it is still one of the most popular on the market. The fact that it is inflatable allows for easy transport and storage. The Straitedge Angler features multilayer material, added abrasion pads, and multiple air chambers which provide maximum durability for aggressive conditions. The Straitedge Angler also has a revolutionary removable mounting rail that offers a variety of easy access options.
Advanced Elements is known for its quality and durability and choosing this kayak for your fishing needs will not disappoint. In addition to being known for the name brand quality, this kayak has several attractive key features. They include an ultra-comfortable high back seat with two rod holders and an inflatable lumbar support for long days on the water, stainless steel d-rings and bungee deck lacing for abundant gear storage, paddle holders, and abrasion pads for extra durability.
If you are in the market for an easy to use, easy to transport and store, kayak that has high levels of quality and durability, and several features, the Advanced Elements Straitedge Angler is the one for you.
Intex Excursion Inflatable Fishing Kayak
- Super tough laminate PVC with polyester core: light weight and highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact and sunlight
- High pressure inflation provides extra rigidity and stability, with high pressure spring loaded valves for easy inflation and fast deflation
- Includes 2 removable skews for deep and shallow water, 2 floor mounted footrests, 2 integrated recessed fishing rod holders, 2 adjustable bucket seats
- Removable and adjustable mounting bracket for additional accessories, such as GPS systems, fish finders, swivel fishing rod holders etc. Includes a carry bag and repair patch
- Storage space in bow and Stern with stainless steel d rings for tying down Dry bags and gear; Kayak total weight capacity: 400 pounds
The Intex Excursion is one of the cheapest options on our list and is a great entry level fishing kayak. As it’s an inflatable it’s extremely stable and easy to maneuver and very portable and lightweight.
It’s built with an angler in mind too with built in brackets to attach your fishing accessories like a GPS or fish-finders, plus it comes with two integrated recessed fishing rod holders. We also loved the comfortable seat and foot rests which are a must on any extended kayak fishing trip.
Sun Dolphin Excursion Sit-In Fishing Kayak
- Great for lakes and rivers and to get to those excluded fishing spots
- Lightweight, easy to carry
- Tracks and paddles with ease while offering maximum stability
- Two flush mount rod holders and one swivel rod holder
- Rugged UV-stabilized Fortiflex High Density Polyethylene
The Sun Dolphin Excursion Sit-In kayak is perfect for lakes and rivers. The Sun Dolphin Excursion is lightweight and easy to carry. The Excursion tracks and paddles with ease while offering maximum stability. This kayak is made from rugged UV-stabilized Fortiflex High Density Polyethylene means that it will last longer.
The Excursion includes two flush mount rod holders and one swivel rod holder for your fishing rods. It has a large open cockpit and an adjustable padded seat and protective thigh pads for extra comfort. The storage compartment gives you plenty of space for all your fishing equipment and it will keep your things dry.
The extra width makes tipping the kayak more difficult, yet you will need to have a longer paddle to reach the water. The Excursion is easy to paddle and has great tracking. The Sun Dolphin Excursion is perfect for beginners or those who are using the calm waters of a lake or mild river.
Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak
- 18-gauge PVC construction is rugged for lake use , NMMA certified
- 1000D tarpaulin bottom and 840D nylon cover provide durable protection from punctures
- Multiple air chambers allow another chamber to stay inflated if one is punctured
- Airtight System is guaranteed not to leak
- Berkley Quick Set Rod Holders are adjustable for enhanced hands-free fishing
The Coleman Colorado 2-person fishing kayak is great for those who do not want to go fishing alone. The Coleman Colorado is an inflatable kayak which is great for storage and transport. It only takes about five minutes to inflate and you and your fishing partner will be out on the water in no time.
The Coleman Colorado is easy to steer and maneuver which allows you to take this kayak just about anywhere. It is made from high quality PVC with multiple layers for added durability. Even if you do accidently puncture the kayak, it has multiple air chambers so it will stay inflated even with a puncture.
There is plenty of storage space which allows you to bring all your gear, and then some. Even with the added storage and extra person, the Coleman Colorado is still easy to paddle, yet some may find that they need to have longer paddles it just depends on your height. Overall the Coleman Colorado is a perfect kayak for fishing companions.