There’s nothing worse than spending hours out on the water in a kayak seat that is not the best. It’s distracting, uncomfortable and the pain you get the next day is not worth the fun of kayaking. Thankfully, there is another option to persevering which is by purchasing a high backed seat for your kayak to help give you better support while paddling.
In this post, we’re going to take a look at some of the best kayak seats on the market in 2020.
Best Seats For A Kayak
Best Rated Kayak Seat Reviews
Right, now it’s time to look at some of the best seats on the market for kayakers and their features and benefits that each one has.
#1. Surf To Summit GTS Expedition Molded Foam Kayak Seat
- MADE IN USA! Enhanced molded in water channeling grooves.
- Built in Tri-laminated backrests structural support.
- Multi-adjustable front and rear straps solidly lock in seat position. Two front attachment straps and two back attachment straps
Our top choice for kayak seat is this one from Surf To Summit, the GTS Expedition molded foam kayak seat. It uses a unique seat design made by kayakers to alleviate the pains caused by low backed sit on top kayak seats and they’ve done a fantastic job. It features grooves in the backrest that hug your spine and gives it additional lumbar stability. The seat is also cushioned with a 2″ thick bottom that uses EVA foam and a high density fabric to give the right balance of soft and firmness.
It has multiple straps that can be clipped on to fastening points on your kayak. This both ensures better support for you and your back but also keeps your seat in place if you capsize. A great kayak seat and although a little bit more expensive than some of the other options, it’s well worth the money in our opinion.
#2. Leader Accessories Deluxe Padded Kayak Seat
- DURABLE MODELD FOAM -- Made of durable EVA foam interior and 210D polyester exterior. Deluxe molded thick foam cushion can support...
- EXCELLENT HOOKS -- High-grade hooks are used in our kayak seats, which are dfferent from most of the hooks in the market. The...
- ADJUSTABLE STRAPS -- 2 straps in front, 2 straps in rear allowing the seat to be fixed in place according to different needs, give...
Next we have another molded foam seat this time from Leader Accessories. It’s made with an interior of durable EVA foam that provides great padding and support. It has four marine grade hooks so that you can strap your seat to the locking points on your kayak and keep it in place when it use. They’re made of brass and are corrosion resistant so ideal for use out on the water.
It folds up and packs down into a waterproof storage bag that’s included so is easy to transport and carry with you. It’s also available in a couple of colors: black and grey. All in all, a good kayak seat that gets great reviews and at a very reasonable price.
#3. Ocean Kayak Comfort Plus Kayak Seat
- The Comfort Zone offers generous back support with its tall height, perfect for a full day on the water.
- Enjoy a softer ride with the extra seat padding, which offers more cushioning than traditional kayak seats.
- Adjustable straps on the sides allow the paddler to fine-tune the seat to a variety of comfort options.
In at number three we have the Ocean Kayak Comfort Plus kayak seat. It’s not just for Ocean kayaks though and can be used on a lot of different kayaks. It provides an extra layer of padding and back support and is ideal for sit on top kayaks that don’t have a back rest. It’s got a high back rest so will ensure your comfortable and provide ample back support for a long day of paddling.
It has adjustable straps and brass buckles to ensure it’s secured to your kayak and provide even more support to lean back into. A very popular option that get’s great reviews and highly deserves a place in any list of the best seats for a kayak.
#4. Sea Eagle Deluxe Inflatable Kayak Seat
- New design for superior back support / Includes rear pocket for additional storage
- Inflated Measurements: 14" wide x 21" deep x 19" tall
- Inflated seat base measurements: 14" wide x 12" deep x 5" high
If you have an inflatable kayak and are looking for a bit more back support than the cheap ones that might have come with yours then we’d suggest the Sea Eagle Deluxe inflatable kayak seat. Even if you have a hard shell but want an incredibly lightweight but comfortable seat this one might be worth a look at.
They’re very quick and easy to inflate and are so much more comfortable than other inflatable kayak seats that are included with most inflatables. Highly recommend for those who get uncomfortable and want to be a little higher (5″) off the bottom of the kayak.
#5. Brooklyn Kayak Company Kayak Seat Backrest
And last, but by no means list is this kayak seat from Brooklyn Kayak company. It’ another high, back rest kayak seat that’ll make your next trip out on the water massively more comfortable and enjoyable. Like the other, non inflatable seats we’ve looked at in this post, this kayak seat has straps and snap clicks to secure the seat to your kayak and ensure it’s not going anywhere.
It’s lightweight, looks good and is very affordable and definitely worth the money in our opinion.