The Sea Eagle SE330 Inflatable Kayak is a lightweight, portable inflatable kayak that is surprisingly strong and durable. Although it weighs just 26 pounds, it can hold two adults up to a maximum of 500 pounds, and is rated for Class III rapids. It may be hard to believe that something so small, lightweight, and convenient can be so rugged and durable, but the SE330 defies expectations.
- 2 person/ 500 pound capacity, weighs 26 pounds, Suitable for up to Class III whitewater
- 330 Pro Kayak Package features two movable, super comfortable Deluxe Kayak Seats for improved back support and 2 paddles, foot pump, and carry bag
- 2 AB30 7 foot 10 inch 4 Part Paddles with asymmetrical blade and aluminum shaft
- 2 skegs on the bottom for better tracking & speed
- Open and close drain valve, 5 deluxe 1-way inflation/deflation valves
An Overview Of The Sea Eagle SE330 Kayak
The Sea Eagle SE330 is Sea Eagle’s most popular, portable, versatile kayak. It packs down to just 26 pounds, and fits into the included carry bag with plenty of room to spare. It’s so compact and lightweight that it’s even easy to take on an airplane, let alone in the trunk of a car. And yet it inflates to a generous 11+ feet in length, and is sturdy enough to hold up to 500 lbs. of weight.
The durable K80 PVC material gives the hull great strength and durability, easily withstanding saltwater and UV rays, and the multiple air chambers and I-beam floor can even withstand Class III whitewater rapids.
The efficient design is easy to handle for beginners and experienced paddlers, it inflates in as little as 6 minutes, and it’s backed by a 3-year warranty, making it an excellent investment in a fun, sporty kayak you can use for years of enjoyment.
- Inflated size – 11 feet 2 inches x 2 feet 10 inches
- Deflated size – 2 feet x 1 foot 4 inches x 7 inches
- Weight – 26 pounds
- Weight capacity – 2 people / 500 pounds
Quality and safety certification
Certified by the National Marine Manufacturers Association and rated suitable for whitewater rivers up to Class III rapids.
What did we like about how it’s made?
- Three air chambers – Multiple air chambers provide greater stability and reliability.
- 5 deluxe one way air valves – The deluxe valves make inflation and deflation fast and simple.
- High quality PVC material – The 33 mil polykrylar hull is sun and saltwater-resistant, adding to the durability and versatility of this kayak.
- Inflatable I-beam floor – The inflatable I-beam floor provides improved stability and rigidity.
What we like about the design
- 2 bottom skegs – The SE330 has dual bottom skegs which help to provide better tracking and speed when in the water.
- Bow and stern grab lines – The grab lines make it easy to transport, anchor, or tow the kayak.
- Lashed down inflatable spray skirts – The inflatable spray skirts improve the hull shape and rigidity for easier tracking, and help this kayak manage rougher waters.
- Open and close drain valve – A built-in drain valve helps remove excess water for faster cleanup and stowing of the SE330. Especially useful on rapids where water is very likely to get inside.
- Deluxe seats – The SE330 comes with deluxe seats that are comfortable and durable, with 5” high seating for great comfort and visibility.
What accessories are included?
- A foot pump – The high-volume foot pump makes inflation fast and easy.
- A carry bag – The entire kayak kit packs down into an included bag that is just 2 feet long, for simple storage and portability anywhere.
- Two paddles – The included 2x 8-foot AB30 paddles are a great design. They break down for easy portability, but are long enough for comfortable, prolonged use on the kayak.
How to Use the Sea Eagle SE330
The SE330 comes with detailed inflation instructions. Each inflation valve is numbered, and it’s important to inflate them in the correct order. You inflate the body of the kayak first, using the included plastic gauge against the hull to measure for the correct inflation. Then you inflate the spray skirts, and finally inflate and install the seats. With a little practice, the SE330 can go from the carry bag to being fully set up within just 6 minutes.
For a visual explanation, Sea Eagle has made an excellent video that shows the initial setup, use, and even deflation instructions for the SE330, which you can watch here:
It’s a thorough explanation of how to set up the kayak, and shows how simple it is to unpack and use it within minutes. It also shows how to deflate and store the kayak, which many videos don’t include, so it’s a good reference point for beginners.
Sea Eagle SE330 Kayak Pros
Incredibly compact and lightweight
This full-size, 2 person kayak packs down to an incredibly small and light package, making it simple to take anywhere. You don’t need extra storage or a roof rack to enjoy all kinds of water activities, making it a great choice for people who live in apartments, or who take spontaneous outdoor, fishing, and camping trips.
Well made and strong material
The rugged hull of the SE330 resists punctures, abrasions, and even UV rays and salt water. It’s so durable that it comes with a 3 year warranty, making it not just safe and reliable, but also an excellent value.
Rated for rough and salt water
Unlike some inflatable kayaks, the SE330 resists salt water and is rated for Class III rapids, making it more versatile and allowing you to use it in a wider range of water conditions.
Everything you need
With the SE330, you get the kayak, paddles, and pump all packaged into the included carry bag, so there is nothing more to buy.
Sea Eagle SE330 Kayak Cons
Sits quite high in the water
The SE330 sits a bit higher in the water than some other inflatable kayaks, with an elevated hull and seats. This makes paddling more comfortable and improves handling, but can also make it slightly more subject to wind and affect the tracking. In most weather conditions, this may not pose a challenge at all, but may be something to keep in mind depending on where and when you plan on using it.
Poor Amazon listing
This particular Amazon listing is a bit confusing, with different stats and information about the SE330, which may make the product seem less reliable or reputable than it is. This review is based on the manufacturer’s information, and is accurate to this kayak.
Since the SE330 is so durable, it’s likely that you’ll be using it for a long time, in which case there are a few optional accessories that will help you enjoy it for longer:
Since it’s not clear that Sea Eagle SE330 comes with a repair kit, and you should never take a kayak on the water without one, it’s not a bad idea to prepare to purchase one separately.
The Sea Eagle Small Repair Kit is designed to match the hull of the SE330, and effectively repair punctures and abrasions in an inflatable kayak. It’s conveniently packaged in a waterproof capsule that can be easily attached to the kayak, so you always have it on hand if you need it.
D-ring kit and adhesive
While the SE330 has convenient storage space, you may want to attach some D-rings to the hull, so that you can tie your bags, anchors, or accessories to the kayak. The MagiDeal Heavy Duty D-ring Pad Patch accessory for an inflatable kayak that doesn’t come with many attachment points.
This D-ring patch kit and bungee cords should be attached with the proper cement and will give you more options for storage, cargo, and use of the SE330.
About the Sea Eagle brand
Sea Eagle has been producing high quality, top-rated inflatables since 1968. They have sold over half-a-million inflatable boats, kayaks, and SUPs to date. A family-owned business based on Long Island, New York, the Sea Eagle staff enjoy using their own inflatables to explore and enjoy nearby historic Port Jefferson Harbor. They design and test their patented inflatable watercraft in-house, to meet the highest standards.
Sea Eagle stands behind their products with exceptional customer service and an incredible 3-year warranty, making them a great company to do business with.
The Sea Eagle SE330 is one of the best inflatable kayaks on the market, garnering rave reviews from professionals and amateurs alike. It packs down small and light for easy travel and storage virtually anywhere, but inflates to a generous, comfortable size that can hold 2 adults and 500 pounds.
The rugged vinyl resists wear and damage, so you can enjoy this inflatable kayak for years. And it sets up and is ready to hit the water in just minutes. The SE330 is a fantastic choice in a high quality inflatable kayak that the whole family can use and enjoy in a huge range of water conditions, and will give years of use and enjoyment.