The Advanced Elements Island Voyage 2 is an easy, portable, inflatable kayak with a pointed bow and rocker to improve speed and performance on the water. It has three seating arrangements, ideal for solo or tandem kayaking, and a generous weight limit and storage capacity for all your fishing, camping, or recreational gear.
It’s incredibly fast and easy to set up, has adjustable supportive seats, and excellent stability and buoyancy that make it friendly for beginners. The durable hull, welded seams, and rugged cover will last for years of enjoyment, so it’s a great recreational kayak for fun on flat water.
- Type – Tandem or solo inflatable kayak
- Inflated size – 11’2” x 37”
- Deflated size – 31 x 18 x 10 inches
- Weight – 31.5 pounds
- Weight capacity – 400 pounds
- Max paddler height – tandem: 6’2”/solo 6’+
- Materials – Heavy duty PVC tarpaulin hull with 600 denier polyester tube covers
- Air chambers – 3
- Colors – yellow and grey
Construction and build
The Advanced Elements Island Voyage 2 has sturdy multilayered construction, with high-volume side tubes for extra buoyancy and stability. The three air chambers are layered with a durable PVC tarpaulin hull, then covered with 600 denier polyester for added abrasion resistance. It has a welded perimeter seam for rugged durability, and a rear drain plug for easy draining and drying.
The pointed bow and rocker improve performance, and a removable fin improves tracking. At just 31 pounds, it is easy to carry to the water’s edge and inflate in minutes or use the multiple grab handles to carry it while inflated.
The Advanced Elements Island Voyage 2 comes with two seats with high, supportive backs, comfortable padding, and adjustability for all body types. Seats have pockets and bottle holders to keep necessary items close at hand. Three seating locations allow for quick configuration for tandem or solo use, while keeping the kayak well-balanced and high performing.
The Advanced Elements Island Voyage 2 also has excellent storage options, with bungee deck lacing and D-rings to hold or attach your gear.
This kayak comes with a carrying duffel bag, a repair kit, and an owner’s manual.
About the brand: Advanced Elements
Advanced Elements was founded in 2001, and proudly designs inflatable kayaks, SUPs, and other recreational inflatables. Company co-founder Charlie Hall is the inventor of the waterbed and the Sun Shower and holds about 40 patents for his lifetime of innovation.
Advanced Elements has become one of the world’s leaders in inflatable paddle craft, offering products that are exceptionally portable, without compromising performance.
Advanced Elements continues to innovate, refine, and evolve inflatable watercraft, seeking excellence in performance, quality, and portability, at a reasonable price.
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Durable and rugged materials
- Multiple air chambers improve safety and buoyancy
- Sets up in minutes
- Sturdy, comfortable adjustable seating with pockets and bottle holders
- Configures quickly for tandem or solo use
- Pointed bow with rocker and removable fin improve speed, tracking, and performance
- Rear drain plug allows excess water to drain easily
- Does not offer a lot of leg room for two tall paddlers
- Does not track as well when only lightly loaded
- Pointed Bow with Rocker for Performance
- Multi-Layer Construction for Maximum Durability
- Durable PVC Tarpaulin hull and 600 D Polyester Cover
The Advanced Elements Island Voyage 2 is a fun, easy-to-use 2 person inflatable kayak that sets up in just minutes. It’s lightweight and portable, easy to store in a garage or closet in the off-season, then put in a car trunk or suitcase for portability when you want it.
The rocker shape and fin improve tracking and performance, and it’s comfortable and easily configured for one or two paddlers, as long as both of them don’t need a lot of leg room. It’s a great kayak for casual recreation, offered at an unbeatable price.